Aber schauen Sie sich doch gerne ähnliche Stellen an, denn academics bietet die größte Auswahl an Stellenangeboten und Jobs in Wissenschaft, Forschung und Entwicklung. Um regelmäßigper E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
Funded by the VILLUM Foundation's Matter project investigating the basic physics of the structure and dynamics of liquids and solids, a number of Ph.D. scholarships are available associated with the Matter project (2017-2023). Directed by Prof. Jeppe C. Dyre, Matter is an integrated part of the Glass and Time center (http://glass.ruc.dk) at Roskilde University’s Department of Science and Environment (Denmark). Over the coming years the project will employ several Ph.D. students and two-year postdocs. The present Ph.D. scholarship(s) are set to begin January 1, 2018, or soon thereafter.
Entgeltgruppe 2200 EURO after tax
The purpose of Matter is to determine the range of validity of the isomorph theory for the structure and dynamics of liquids and solids with hidden scale invariance, see, e.g., J. Phys. Chem. B 118, 10007 (2014) or J. Phys.: Cond. Mat. 28, 323001 (2016).
We invite applications relating to one of the following six research topics (for more details, please refer to http://glass.ruc.dk/pdf/opslag/Matter_scholarships_2017.pdf)
1) Physical aging [Experiments, possibly also simulations] – Studying changes in material properties due to molecular rearrangements and comparing to isomorph-theory predictions.
2) Isomorph jumps [Experiments, possibly also simulations] – Studying the predicted instantaneous equilibration upon jumps in the phase diagram along isochrones.
3) Coarse-graining [Simulations and theory] – Extending isomorph theory to molecules with internal motion and other systems without strong virial potential-energy correlations.
4) Equations of state and quasi universality [Simulations and theory] – Establishing pVT relations going into the gas phase.
5) 1/d expansion [Theory, possibly also simulations] – Developing a systematic expansion moving from high dimensions to three.
6) Quantum systems [Theory, possibly also simulations] – Investigating the consequences of hidden scale invariance for quantum phenomena in matter.
We are looking for ambitious and open-minded persons with a master’s degree in physics or a related field. The successful applicant has strong mathematics skills and enjoys the close interaction between theory, simulation, and experiment that is emphasized in the Glass and Time center. For further information, you are welcome to contact Prof. Dyre at email@example.com.
Employment is regulated by an agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Central Organization of the Academics; thus Ph.D. students have the same rights, formal working hours, vacation, etc., as others in the workforce.
Roskilde University welcomes applications from candidates of any social and ethnic backgrounds irrespective of gender, age, religion or any other irrelevant criteria.
Application must be submitted via Roskilde University’s website https://ruc.dk/en/phd-scholarships-roskilde-university
Department of Science and Environment
Professor Jeppe Dyre