BSBI has three concepts at its heart: Enterprise, Leadership, Success. We deliver our courses with these in mind and with the focus on improving our students’ practical business skills and understanding of industry.
BSBI is a fast-growing institution, which started its operations in 2018. BSBI is member of Global University Systems (GUS) and offers unlimited career opportunities to its students and staff.
Role holders will strive to achieve set targets, organise their own day-to-day work to meet clear objectives. Independence and initiative will be required to react to changing priorities and work circumstances, with scope to make decisions within clear parameters. This may also include responding to and being first point of contact for escalated complaints and escalated issues, and resolving problems involving other departments. They will typically set and monitor standards within their own work area, with scope for improving operational effectiveness and quality service through the application of process improvement.
· Teaching the assigned academic modules according to the curriculum.
· Administering, proctoring and marking all students‘ assignments and exams papers of all assigned classes.
· Amending or designing and developing a new curriculum for a Module if required.
· Updating a Syllabus or Syllabi if required.
· Supervising a number of Dissertations per academic year (if required).
· Providing consultation and mentoring to students.
· Creating assignment briefs and exams papers.
· Providing feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence.
· Teaching students study skills relevant to programmes and exam-taking strategies.
· Providing, if needed, private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance and to prepare for exams.
· Assessing students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
· Scheduling tutoring appointments with students.
· Monitoring student performance or assisting students in academic environments, such as classrooms, laboratories, or computing centers.
· Organising the tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
· Participating in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
· Communicate effectively with students and convey passion for learning.
· Maintaining records of students' assessment results, progress, feedback, or school performance, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
· Preparing lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to the Programmes needs and goals.
· Creatively design teaching materials that maximises student’s experience.
· Developing content, both written and recorded, as directed by the Chief Academic Officer.
· Researching or recommending textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
· Communicating students' progress to students in written progress reports, in person, by phone, by e-mail and/or teleconferencing.
· Identifying, developing, or implementing intervention strategies, tutoring plans, or individualised education plans (IEPs) for students.
· Performing day-to-day tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork related to teaching activities.
· Provide feedback to students on their progress.
· Playing a proactive role in promoting the School.
· Providing all students with tutor support to develop their assignments
· Participating in School‘s activities as required by the Chief Adacemic Officer.
· PhD or DBA (Master degree or MBA in specific cases) in Marketing and Business, IT, English/ Foundation, Finance, Tourism and Hospitality, Digital Marketing, Psychology, Energy managment, Energy managment, Engineering, Logistics
· Prior teaching experience in higher education at University level
· Very good knowledge of Windows OS, of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Microsoft Teams
· Scientific publications in a related discipline
· Fluent in spoken and written English (C2 level)
· Knowledge of German is desirable
· Knowledge of Educational Platforms (i.e. Canvas, Blackboard etc.)
· Working knowledge of timetabling software
· Sound knowledge of study regulations and rules
· Very good organizational and communication skills
· High social competence and assertiveness
· Maintaining an overview even with high workloads
· Entrepreneurial and economic way of thinking and working
· Resilient and flexible
· Motivated for further academic and professional development
· Further training and vocational education, as well as polishing up academic titles
· Exchange possibilities with GUS entities in other countries
· Team events
· Special conditions from BSBI business partners
· Free refreshments
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager. There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the Group and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of application to email@example.com.
While we aim to respond to all applications received, in some cases where the number of applications is high, we might be unable to confirm receipt of all applications or the result after the first round of assessment. Therefore, should you not hear from us two weeks after the closing date of the applications, please consider that your application was not successful on this occasion.