Bitte beachten Sie: Diese Stellenanzeige ist nicht mehr aktiv.
Entdecken Sie hier weitere Stellenanzeigen auf academics, dem führenden Stellenmarkt für Wissenschaft und Forschung. Um regelmäßig per E-Mail über passende Stellen informiert zu werden, können Sie sich jederzeit kostenlos registrieren.
University Professorship in Interdisciplinary Mountain Research
Veröffentlicht am(vor 206 Tagen)
Universität InnsbruckInnsbruck (Österreich)
University Professor in Interdisciplinary Mountain Research
in Fakultät für Geo- und Atmosphärenwissenschaften
The Faculty of Geo- and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Innsbruck invites applications for the position of a
UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR IN INTERDISCIPLINARY MOUNTAIN RESEARCH
The position will be based on a permanent civil-law employment contract with the University (§98 UG 2002). The successful candidate will hold the position of Society-Environmental Relations in the Alps and other mountain regions, in research and teaching, within the Faculty of Geo and Atmospheric Sciences.
In addition, through a cooperation with the Austrian Academy of Science (ÖAW), it is intended, that the successful candidate will become active in the Institute of Interdisciplinary Mountain Research (IGF) of the ÖAW in Innsbruck, and in due course will likely fulfil the role of Director of the Institute (at the request of the Presidium of the Academy).
The successful candidate is expected to make seminal scientific contributions to understanding the major social and environmental challenges facing mountainous areas during the Anthropocene. A special focus should be placed on the complex structure of natural, social, and economic spaces within mountains, the associated population dynamics, and the interaction with the surrounding environment.
Using an empirical, theoretical, and system-modelling approach, the successful candidate will contribute to further development of Innsbruck University into an internationally leading mountain research location. The position should be carried out in close collaboration with the research activities of the University Research Focus, "Mountain Research", as well as its associated research centres and doctoral programmes.
• Representation of the subject "Interdisciplinary Mountain Research" in research and research-led teaching.
• Coordination of research and development of projects in cooperation with the IGF and with relevant research groups at the University of Innsbruck.
• Coordination and control of the objectives to be agreed with University of Innsbruck.
• Participation in compulsory teaching within the framework of degree programs of the Faculty of Geo- and Atmospheric Sciences of the University of Innsbruck, including the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate theses, and appropriate collegial cooperation in university administration and management.
• Successful acquisition of third-party funds.
1) a completed domestic or equivalent foreign university education in one or more core subjects of mountain-relevant research;
2) relevant teaching qualification (habilitation) or equivalent qualification;
3) publications in leading international journals;
4) proven engagement with interdisciplinary approaches;
5) professional experience abroad;
6) strong didactic skills;
7) successful acquisition of third-party funds;
8) leadership and management skills;
9) high social skills, teamwork and collegiality;
10) the ability to teach in German and English or, if necessary, the willingness to learn the German language for university use.
The appointment procedure is handled by the University of Innsbruck.
Applications must be received at Universität of Innsbruck: Fakultäten Servicestelle (FSS), Standort Innrain 52 f, A-6020 Innsbruck
(email@example.com) no later than 1. May 2019
The University of Innsbruck aims to increase the number of women in academic positions and invites qualified women to apply. If applicants have the same qualification, applications from women will be given preference.
Qualified scientists (usually by habilitation) at the beginning of their careers are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is classified in the employment group A1 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Employees with a minimum monthly salary of 5.005,10 Euro (before tax, 14 times per year). Depending on qualifications and experience, a higher salary is subject to negotiation with the Rector. On top of that, the University offers numerous, attractive employee benefits
Where an offer is made by the ÖAW, the extent of employment at the University and Academy, as well as remuneration and equipment with regard to activities of the IGF, will be negotiated separately.
The application documents need to include: A curriculum vitae with details of scientific and professional career; a list of peer-reviewed scientific publications, lectures and other scientific papers and projects (including details of funding providers, sums awarded, and project durations); a list of time spent abroad (indicating the period and activity); the five most important publications; a list of courses taught; a short proposal of the planned research strategy for the IGF and its relationship with the University of Innsbruck, as well as the planned teaching concepts.
In all cases, the application must be submitted digitally (CD or a linked pdf file via e-mail). The hardcopy (paper) form is optional.
Um unsere Webseite optimal gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen sowie Hinweise dazu, wie Sie die Speicherung der Cookies verhindern können, finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.