Post-doctoral Research Fellowship in Migrant Medicine
The Centre for Global Health at the Institute of Health and Society (Helsam) is looking
for a postdoctoral research fellow candidate with substantial experience in migrant
medicine who will contribute to make migrant medicine a strong interdisciplinary research
The work tasks will include research activities including initiating new projects, participation
in ongoing studies, supervision of students in research projects, scientific and public
publication, as well as participation in the Centre‘s general activities.
Qualifications and Personal Skills
Applicants must have a PhD in migrant medicine and/or a track record in migrant
medicine/migrant health, the ability and willingness to work across disciplines, including
social sciences and humanities (having applied quantitative and qualitative methods in the
past is an asset), the ability and willingness to proactively and independently write grant
proposals for migrant medicine/health including other disciplines relevant for migrant health
as well as the ability and willingness to supervise PhD and Masters students within the
applicant‘s research area.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD
- Applicants must have a medical degree and preferably a finished medical specialty
training (e.g. internal medicine, neurology or mental health)
- A strong command of English, written and spoken, is necessary.
Please visit our website for full details about the position and requirements.
Applications must be
submitted online by the electronic recruiting system EasyCruit. We ask the applicant to include the following documents:
- Application letter (max three-page statement of motivation and research interests)
- Research plan proposal (max three pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative
- experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, and a list of reference persons‘
- A complete list of publications and maximum two academic publications that the
- applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
All documents should be in English.
07 December 2016
HR Advisor Marie Cecilie Bakken
Telephone: +47 22850508
Professor Andrea Winkler
Telephone: +47 22850640