The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary biomedical research with the aim to translate basic research findings into clinical applications. MDC researchers collaborate with Berlin based research and medical institutions as well as leading international partner institutions. The Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology (BIMSB) is a young new program at the MDC, where researchers specifically focus on gene regulatory mechanisms, supported by ‘omics‘-technologies, computational methodologies and interdisciplinary interaction. The program will increase in size of currently 14 to 25 research groups, including platforms; and it will move in 2018 to a new research building in the center of Berlin.
Starting at the next possible date
, the MDC/BIMSB is seeking a
Science Manager in Life Science
You will be in charge of strategic and organizational tasks for BIMSB, supporting the scientific director, Nikolaus Rajewsky, and preparing decision processes as well as the expected move to the new building. Your responsibility would be to organize various activities of the scientific program, recruitments and interactions with local, national and international academic partners. Furthermore, you are responsible for internal and external communication, as well as for third party grants and fundraising. You will deliver reports on BIMSB activities for the MDC reporting and to funders. The position is the key position at the interface between the scientific program and the MDC‘s administration.
- applicants should have a PhD in life sciences
- professional experience in science management and/or science communication
- excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- professional command of spoken and written German and English
- profound knowledge of major national and international funding instruments and experience in grant writing
- experience of working in international research institutions
- motivation and interpersonal skills for team-oriented interactions with researchers and administrative staff
- passion for science, self-motivation, pro-active attitude, responsible and independent project handling
The initial contract will be offered for 2 years, with the option to be extended. Salary is according to the German TVöD E 14 (Bund) and to individual qualifications
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Questions can be raised by email to Nikolaus Rajewsky (firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your full application indicating the registration number 10745/2016
until December 5, 2016
as one pdf file (5 MB max), including a cover letter, CV and references (incl. relevant educational and degree certificates) to Nadine Ewald (email@example.com